Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2007 00:29:23 +0000
From:      Ghirai <ghirai@ghirai.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb question

Hello list,

I'm playing with a small nasm executable, is there any way
i can get gdb to show me the deadlisting, and allow me to
break at a certain offset, without any debugging symbols?

Since my code is raw assembly, seeing the sourcecode file
or the deadlisting is the exact same.

Atm i'm doing like this, and it doesn't seem to work:

(gdb) file wp
Reading symbols from wp...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) break 0x8048099
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
(gdb) run
Starting program: wp
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint

Program exited with code 0267.

Using gdbtui seems yield the exact same result.

What i really want is to see the deadlisting and be able to step through
it, seeing what happens with the registers, stack, etc.

Can gdb do that?

And are there any other usermode debuggers i could use?

Thanks for reading.

--
Regards,
Ghirai.