Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 18:07:27 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Things moving around on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

We've overflowed our 1st 4Gb partition there and now need to go to a
2nd, but that means splitting off some of the bits which were
traditionally confined to one filesystem, and I'm still not sure what
the effects on the mirrors is going to be.  If you mirror individual
collections, like pub/FreeBSD/2.1.7.1-RELEASE/, then you should be OK
since mirror should follow the symlink.  If you're grabbing all
of pub/FreeBSD, however, what you're going to see afterwards is a link:
	2.1.7.1-RELEASE -> ../../.3/FreeBSD/2.1.7.1-RELEASE

I'm not quite sure what the "best" work-around for this is, but
I just thought I'd mention it.  Sorry folks, but it had to happen
sooner or later - the ports and packages are huge! ;-)

This doesn't effect users who get their bits from ftp.freebsd.org
directly, of course, only those who mirror it.

					Jordan