Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:49:08 -0600
From:      Scott Honey <shoney@symmetricsolutions.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vpo0 driver not displaying or functioning correctly...

I'm currently running a FreeBSD 3.0-Release box with a Intel 200mhz with
32 megs ram.
I'm running off of an ELF kernel. I'm trying to get the vpo driver and
ppc to work, when I
take the code from the LINT configuration file and place it in my
GENERIC config file:

    #device        lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr

    controller     scbus0
    device            da0

    controller    ppbus0
    controller    vpo0    at  ppbus?
    device          nlpt0    at  ppbus?
    device         plip0     at ppbus?
    device         ppi0      at ppbus?
    device         pps0     at ppbus?

    controller    ppc0    at isa? disable port ? tty irq 7 vector
ppcintr

when I apply this change to a GENERIC config file that I haven't changed
and I reboot my
box, nothing happens, its like I didn't even include it in my
configuration. When I had 2.2.6
loaded up it would tell me that it found the drive and stuff but now all
it does is continue on
without a hint of the driver. Its hard to find any text on the
3.0-release yet on the subject.
Does anyone have a clue what to do with this? I don't care if I get
flamed for this question,
i've been trying to get this thing to work sence the release of 3.0 and
nothing helps. Any
help is welcome.