Date:      Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:36:46 +1300 (NZDT)
From:      g.todd@internet.co.nz
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FW: Re: FreeBSD installation discs

 Re installing FreeBSD 4.2, I was intending to buy a computer with a large
Disc(30GB) and dual boot Windows Me and FreeBSD.  However, after reading
the documentation on the 1024 cylinder boot limitations I am now wondering
whether that is a smart approach.  Would it be better to go for a twin HD
disc machine to overcome these problems. e.g. 10Gb for Windows and separate
20Gb drive for FreeBSD.  FreeBSD will be my primary operating system,
Windows for specific non UNIX software.

Glenn Todd
Wellington
New Zealand