Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:36:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's Sound Drivers on Digital PC5000

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Joe Abley wrote:

>I am running FreeBSD 3.0-BETA, CVSUPped a few days ago, on a P2 Digital
>PC5000 with some kind of (supposedly sb16- and wss-compatible) on-board
>audio.
>
>I have the following in my kernel config:
>
>controller      pnp0
>device          pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
>
>I get the following on boot:

>Probing for PnP devices:
>CSN 1 Vendor ID: CSC0735 [0x3507630e] Serial 0xffffffff Comp ID: @@@0000 [0x0000
>0000]
>This is a CS4236, but LDN 0 is disabled
>Probing for devices on the ISA bus:
>sc0 at 0x60-0x6f irq 1 on motherboard
>sc0: VGA color <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x0>
>pcm0 not found
>
>What is LDN 0? Why is it disabled?

You can go to the readme in /usr/src/sys/i386/snd(?). There are
instructions there for doing pnp configuration after a boot -c.

When you do this you will be explicitly enabling LDN 0. OBTW, LDN is Greek
to me, but I got my card working so what the heck.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/