Date:      Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:17:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        P Lynch <lynch@rush.net>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, David Caldwell <caldwell_david@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Beginning user's OS (was: Here is a really odd question!!!)

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, P Lynch wrote:

> I totally agree about the "why" thinkgs work the way they do, also, if you
> introduce something tangible to them, sometimes kids grasp concepts better

Yup.  Actually for some kids, even to remember eg. the alphabet
they need something that they can feel (such as little building
blocks with letters on them), or someway to associate the
information with a physical action.

> When I was in High School, I did well in geometry and trig, but sucked in
> Algebra and Calc, but I excelled in Chemistry and Physics, I realized
> later that the sciences were just tangible Algebra and Calculus *shrug*

I guess it depends how they teach those particular two subjects
(Chem and Phys)...

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk