Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:43:27 +0800
From:      "Ruel Luchavez" <ruel.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.
Subject:   DHCP problem.Help please

Hello,

I hope some one will me on my problem.
My friends has and existing DHCP server and squid proxy server running both
in freebsd.We purchased a new desktop PC, we gave it a permanent IP using
the DHCP server and we edit the config file in "/usr/local/etc/dhcp.conf" we
add this at the bottom

host test {
  hardware ethernet 00:1d:27:64:e1:af; [this is the physical address of new
PC]
  fixed address 192.168.1.16;
  }

But as we "ipconfig" the new PC the IP is still the same?
Is there something i forgot to configure?

PLEASE HELP here...thanks in adnvanced