Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:35:21 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <xcllnt@mac.com>
To:        Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sh seg-faults

On Jun 17, 2008, at 1:45 AM, Pietro Cerutti wrote:

> I'm experiencing "random" sh core-dumps while building ports. During
> these core-dumps, sh is usually invoked by libtool.

Pietro,

I've seen something on PowerPC as well. If I recompile libc with
lower optimization, the problem goes away (I think -O1 does the
trick -- if not try -O0 :-).

In particular, if you recompile lib/libc/gen/exec.c at -O<less>
the problem goes away. Everytime I've seen execvp() being the at
the top of the call-chain.

Can you check if it's execvp() for you as well?

Thanks,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt@mac.com