Date:               Tue, 7 Nov 1995 13:27:43 +0100
From:      mnadeau@worldnet.net
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         URGENT Help

Hi,

    I've received a so called 'turn key' system as our Internet
Server. I'm only supposed to supervise the system: Create accounts,
make backups, transfer HTML files to the server. I'm a beginner in
UNIX.

   The company that sold  the system told us that they delivered
the equipement as is and that there work is done.!!! (No documentation!!!)

   The OS is FreeBSD. I've acquired a month ago a CD from
Wallnut Creek called FreeBSD 2.0.5.

    I've tried to locate the documentation on the CD and I wasn't
successful. Is there a book I can buy?

Here's my problems:
-------------------------

1) I'm trying to exchange files thru the diskette drive so I can look at
them on my PC and tranfer newlly created html files.  I have a book on
UNIX that shows the command to do this as 'doscp'. That command
does not exist on my server. I've tried to locate a file on the server with
the word *dos* on it and came out empty. Maybe it's not install on my
server. I've got the CD. How do I install that feature from the CD?

2)  I'm trying to modified the IP adress of the server. The present
IP is a test IP. Because it's our only machine at the present time,
the system also serves as DNS. I've located in the /etc directory the
following files which the content refers to IP addresses:

defaultrouter, hostname.ed1, hosts, hosts.lpd, login.access, myname,
sendmail.cf.

I'm only guessing and I'm not sure of the effect of changing those
files and or if there is other files to change.

3) The command 'adduser' does not exist! When I do a 'man' on
'adduser', I can see the proper way to use the command but when I'm
trying to create an account with it, I get 'adduser: Command not
found.'

There is many other problems, but those 3 are the main ones.

Where can I get the help I need?

Thank you
Michel N. Nadeau
Agence de Cooperation Culturelle et Technique (ACCT)
13, Quai Andre-Citroen
75015 - PARIS (FRANCE)
Telephone: 44.37.32.82     FAX: 44.37.32.42
e-mail:    mnadeau@worldnet.net