Date:      12 Nov 1999 20:23:50 -0500
From:      Rajappa Iyer <rajappa@mindspring.com>
To:        wwoods@cybcon.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 770E and internal sound card....

William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com> writes:

> I have a Thinkpad 770E with an internal sound card. At least I
> assume it does, it has a volume control, speaker and mike jack on
> it, anyway...anyone know if luigis sound drivers will work with this
> thing, if not, what do I need to do to get sound working...

I have not been able to get the soundcard work with Luigi's drivers.
But the OSS drivers work if you configure it as a SB clone.

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at isa? port? irq? drq 3 conflicts
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x300 irq? conflicts
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388 irq? conflicts

The following doesn't work.

#device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x03

Regards,
Rajappa
--
<rajappa@mindspring.com> a.k.a. Rajappa Iyer.		New York, New York.
	We're too busy mopping the floor to turn off the faucet.