Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 15:08:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mhughes@logroad.bridge.com (Michael Hughes)
To:        sam@bigstudios.com (Sam Suh)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with KVM switch

Sam,
  Try add the flag that I have on my psm line:

device          psm0    at isa? tty irq 12 flags 0x200

  I was having the same problems, but the flags took care of it.

Sam Suh said in email to me:

> Hi, I use freeBSD machine as my firewall, NAT for my DSL connection. It
> serves my homenetwork as gateway for Internet access. It is 4.3 stable
> installation.
>
> Since I don't want to cluter my deskspace with what space it has, I
> purchased KVM switch so that I can use one monitor, keyboard and 3
> button mouse for everything. Now, if I were to switch to other machine
> and come back to BSD, then I get a psmitr sync error message. I searched
> the web and found out it is related to KVM.
>
> Is there a work on progress for solving this problems? If so, could
> somebody point me to web site or ftp server for the patch or package for
> this?

Michael Hughes                         email:mhughes@bridge.com
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.   Pager pin:3142245953
St Louis MO                      Pager email:3142245953@airmessage.net