Date:      Fri, 26 May 2000 09:56:52 +0100
From:      Colman Reilly <careilly@thecia.ie>
To:        "James Halstead" <halstead@dreamscape.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emu question

--==_Exmh_2041810484P

I was asking this yesterday as well ... /usr/ports/emulators/vmware2 is a
pretty new port
as far as I can make out. I had to upgrade to 4.0-STABLE to make it work on my
machine, but
it does work, network, sound and all. Seems stable to me.

You also *need* the linuxprocfs port installed and mounted for the thing to
work.

Currently I have it running Win 98. Thanks to everyone who put in the work to
make this work!

Colman

[I've cc'ed this to -questions in the vague hope that future searches of the
mail archive will pick
 it up ... I only worked this out by looking on freshports!]

     I noticed some people talking about the linux emulation and how good/bad i
     can be and I just wondered, does anybody here have any experiences with th
     vmware for linux software? I have been thinking of buying this, for those
     one or two windows programs that I need to use now and then.

     Just wondering,
     James.

--==_Exmh_2041810484P