Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 00:11:06 +0100
From:      Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PATCH for testing

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 02:27:10PM -0800, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     And, also, we need to get rid of the 'e' option to ps entirely.  It's a
>     major security hole.

Not more so than option 'u', or even 'a', if you ask me.

It's common knowledge under Unix that you shouldn't put anything
sensitive in the command line or the environment. When there's any
risk, the best option is to remove 'ps' alltogether, IMHO.
--
Pierre Beyssac	      pb@fasterix.frmug.org pb@fasterix.freenix.org
	BSD : il y a moins bien, mais c'est coté en bourse