Date:      Thu, 23 Sep 1999 14:49:52 -0700
From:      David Feig <dfeig@whistle.com>
To:        Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Cc:        "'Craig Barrett'" <barrett@physci.uct.ac.za>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Downloading

Christopher Michaels wrote:

> Your web browser is mangling the files.  Use a real ftp program instead,
> such as CuteFTP, AbsoluteFTP, WSFTP, etc...  Heck, windows actually comes
> with a command line "ftp" program.

Right, the command line version should work fine, and should be intuitive to
most FreeBSD command line ftp users. The commands are all the same. Things to
watch out for: It doesn't support passive mode and I don't think it works with
the multi-file commands like mget.

CuteFTP works great, although the UI is a bit overdone (easy things are hard,
hard things are easy.)