Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:16:07 -0600
From:      mutati0n@softhome.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   hard disk timeout

Hi,

I'm trying to use 4.7. But when I try to boot to it, even with a CD, a hard
drive device timesout. When I take out that hard drive, I can boot fine.
Here is how my hard drives and cdrom is set up:

Winxp is on the primary master.

The problem hard drive is the primary slave.

And the fbsd hard drive is on secondary master.

The CDROM is the secondary slave.

The message I can when I boot is:

ad1: Read command timeout tag=0 serv=0 - resetting
ata0: resetting devices ..

Then the computer just freezes. I'm using an Asus A7N8X with Athlon XP
2800+.

Thanks,
Nathan Wheeler