Date:      Wed, 07 Mar 2001 22:53:28 -0800
From:      Bill Atkins <wdatkins@home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installation

Hi, it's Bill Atkins here and I would like to know which is going to be
the easiest way to install Free BSD. I have the 4 cd set of release
2.2.7 and did have it installed on the old machine. The latest computer
now is an Asus A7V with a Duron @950,256 megs ram. Lpt1 has a scanner
and printer, lpt2 has a zip and printer. Com1 has an external 56k modem.
There is a microscope on one usb port and a usb to ethernet adapter (for
the cable modem) on another. There is also a Realtek ethernet adapter
for the home network. The video is an Asus V3800, 32 meg. The question,
will 2.2.7 work on the new machine? I can boot from the cd and have
removeable hard drives so it would be going on it's own 4.3 drive. Would
it be better to download the later version and install from floppies?
Thanks in advance for any help.           Bill