Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:58:20 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Vladimir Terziev <vladimirt@rila.bg>
Cc:        Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running different startup scripts on behalf of loaded kernel and kernel modules

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 04:38:42PM +0200, Vladimir Terziev wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:30:27 -0500
> "Jim Flowers" <jflowers@ezo.net> wrote:
> > > Hi hackers,
> > >=20
> > > 	I have to configure a box, which has to run different startup=20
> > > scrips on behalf of loaded kernel and kernel modules at startup.=20
> > > What I mean?
> > >=20
> > > 	I have done a loader configuration menu (using bootforth language)
> > > , which allows different kernel and groups of kernel modules=20
> > > to be load on adminitrator's desire at boot time.
> > >=20
> > > 	What I need to do, else, is to run different startup scrips=20
> > > on behalf of choosed config menu item.
> > >=20
> > > 	How can I do this? I have no ideas for now ...
> > >=20
> > > 	Any ideas?
> >=20
> > create/move startup_scripts.sh into/out of /usr/local/etc/rc.d?
>=20
> I think, I should refine my question ...
>=20
> How can I understand, when the startup scripts are going to be runned,
> which menu item is choosed ?

I think that your scripts should set some variables in the loader's
environment that can later be passed on to the kernel and read by
userland utilities (including startup scripts) - see kenv(1).
Then again, I have no idea exactly how this should be done, and whether
this is really the right way to go.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
"yields falsehood, when appended to its quotation." yields falsehood, when =
appended to its quotation.

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb--