Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 22:59:00 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?B?U/hyZW4gTmVpZ2FhcmQ=?= <neigaard@e-box.dk>
To:        owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: pkg_add failure on 4.6.2

Thursday, September 26, 2002, 10:44:38 PM, Kent wrote:

KS> Søren Neigaard wrote:
>> I just installed 4.6.2, and I wanted to install cvsup. So I brought
>> the cvsup-16-1f.tbz from ftp.freebsd.org, and did a
>> 'pkg_add cvsup-16-1f.tbz', but whenever I run pkg_add, it core dumps.
>>
>> How can I redirect the error message from pkg_add to a file, and how
>> do I attache files with 'mail', so I can send you some more info on
>> this?

KS> I don't think you can get what you want to install. Your system
KS> doesn't recognize the new format and that is why pkg_add is dying.
KS> They have reverted to the old format but that will take a while. I
KS> would grab 1e from http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/s1g/ and then make
KS> and add the current port. Version 1f doesn't take long to build.

KS> Kent

I did not get that one? Does pkg_add not reconize the new format, or?
Even if I try to run pkg_add without any parameters, it still dies, is
it pkg_add that is broken?

What do you mean with 1e and 1f? I'm not into this cvsup thing, I just
need it to update my ports tree. Should I get the source and build it,
and if so, where should I place the source prior to build? Will this
fix my problem, or is it an entire new problem?

--
Med venlig hilsen/Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk