Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 06:32:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "ld: -lstdc++: no match" with pgcc

> > I tried to use pgcc-2.7.2.7 and I get "-lstdc++: no match":
>
> I read your 2nd mail in the mailinglist... You were missing libg++ ?!
> Or is something else wrong so that I should do something ...

Should pgcc be able to build g++ programs on a FreeBSD system?

The pgcc port appeared to build and install without a problem.  But it doesn't
have any new libg++ source.

When you compile a g++ program the new compiler looks for "-lstdc++"
which isn't in the existing installed libraries.  So I pulled down the newest
libg++ (which has -lstdc++) from prep and started building that.
Then I had a problem with no ".weak" directive in the assembler.  So I pulled
down the latest "binutils" from prep and started building that after
configuring as "i386-unknown-bsd".  Then the assembler worked OK,
but most of the new binutils wouldn't recognize some of our object
files (explicitly our crt files).  So I removed all the new binutils
that were in my search path except the assembler, and  finally had a
full tool chain that at least compiles, links, and runs hello.cc.

Do I have something set up wrong so that I had to do this?

--
Peter Dufault               Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936