Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:47:58 +0100
From:      Socketd <db@traceroute.dk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem (4.7 p2 -> p7)

Hi again

Nobody has answered in the last week, so I will try again.
I have installed 4.7 on a i386.
I have upgraded to p2 and now want to upgrade p7.
All my drives are mounted locally (on the same computer) and I try to
upgrade the system as I always have with:
	make buildworld
	make buildkernel KERNCONF=SOCKETD
	make installkernel KERNCONF=SOCKETD
	reboot
	make installworld
I reboot the system and it is running the p7 kernel. I have mounted
all my drives with rw (not using noexec or nosuid) and I have lots of
space.
When I cd to /usr/src and type "make installworld" I get:
mkdir -p /tmp/install.54110
for prog in [ awk cat chflags chmod chown date echo egrep find grep
ln make makewhatis mtree mv perl pwd_mkdb rm sed sh sysctl  test true
uname wc zic; do  cp `which $prog` /tmp/install.54110;  done
usage: cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src target
        cp [-R [-H | -L | -P]] [-f | -i | -n] [-pv] src1 ... srcN
directory
*** Error code 64

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

I have tried deleting /usr/src/* and /usr/obj/*, getting all the
source again and buildworld perfectly.
My securelevel is -1.

Please cc to me as I am not on the list.

br
socketd