Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:47:07 +0930
From:      Ian Moore <no-spam@swiftdsl.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@t-b-o-h.net>, Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>
Subject:   Re: Problems since 5.3-RELEASE-p15

--nextPart2267145.aKxcgZsRgO

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 08:34, Tuc at T-B-O-H wrote:

> > If you have upgraded to 5.3-RELEASE-p15 why not just upgrade to
> > 5.4-RELEASE-p*?
>
> 	I'm always nervous going up a release due to my NVIDIA card....
>
> 		Thanks, Tuc

I use the nvidia-driver port with xorg for my nvidia card and it doesn't ca=
use=20
problems when upgrading the base system. The only "trouble" I ever have is=
=20
when X is upgraded. After upgrading X, I also have to re-build my nvidia=20
drver. That's not a drama though, you just do do a portupgrade -f=20
nvidia-driver and it's fine.
My current system started as 5.2.1-Release & is now on 5.4-p1. Even the cha=
nge=20
from XFree86 to X.org didn't cause problems with the driver.

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Ian
gpg key: http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~imoore/no-spam.asc