Date:      Mon, 9 Jan 2012 09:40:10 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?5Zu+5r2Y?= <patula777@gmail.com>
To:        Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new low level hardware support list

This sounds like a good idea in terms of automation.
Currently we still have not fully figured out how to extract good and valid
information from dmesg, pciconf, kldstat (and dmidecode). As long as this
is not solved clearly we have to rely on manual user input, as we do not
want too many false positives. (at least for driver support)
For mapping notebook devices, it would be a good way to gather data more
quickly than to actually get the vendors to do this
thanks for the info and keep suggesting :-)