Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2011 22:16:46 -0800
From:      Greg Bonett <greg@bonett.org>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.1 amd64 lockup (maybe zfs or disk related)

--=-DMozRkM55wtf1recgi8S

ok, I will start trying to locate the cause of the problem.  I've
attached my dmesg output after boot.  I'm currently downloading a liveCD
to run memtest from.  When you say "rebuild your kernel with debugging
enabled" do you mean add the "makeoptions     DEBUG=-g" option to my
kernel config and rebuild?
Also, I'll start logging my cpu temp and I'll see if it peaks before a
lockup. (I have had one of six cores disabled thinking this might
prevent overheating)

Thank you for your help talking me through this.

I've attached my dmesg output as dmesg.log.

--=-DMozRkM55wtf1recgi8S--