Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 00:16:13 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        mpd <mpd@rochester.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OK, what the fsck is this? X installation...

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 02:24:55PM -0400, mpd wrote:

> Check the archives. I have personally answered this question
> more than once in the past month or so.

Very well, so the answer to this was to build all the ports specified in
x11/XFree86-4/Makefile in the order they're listed there. This worked well,
thanks a lot! Of course I searched the archives, but not very thoroughly
it seems.

Now I'll have to go and clean up a bit, things are still quite messy. BTW
does anybody know what the following error means?

checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... (cached) yes
checking for XShapeCombineRectangles in -lXext... no
configure: WARNING: Unable to use X shape extension
checking for XpmReadFileToPixmap in -lXpm... no
configure: error: libXpm can not be found, you have to enable Imlib
===>  Script "configure" failed: here are the contents of "config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

I've reinstalled xpm, imlib, libiconv, iconv, but none of them seem to
be the problem (this BTW is when trying to build icewm 1.0.9). config.log
says something about not being able to find 'giconv'. I can attach the
logfile if it might be of any use.

This is somehow related to the previous problems I think, if not, and this
is bullsh*t, please excuse me. I'm annoyed and frustrated.

Thanks a lot,
regards
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos