Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:40:20 +1000
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Faxmodem recommendations?

> Hmm - the handbook & FAQs don't list any modem recommendtations. I'm
> looking for a modem primarily for outgoing FAX to run on a 3.1-STABLE
> system. Would someone be so kinbd as to recommend one?

Check the HylaFAX port for the software to drive it, and recommendations wrt
modems made therein (or the HylaFAX homepage at http://www.hylafax.org/  ). I
use a plain ol' no-name faxmodem and it works fine for sending.  Haven't
bothered with receive yet.

NB: Use the version in the ports; people have reported a bit of strife getting
the nplain ol' source code compiled and installed on FreeBSD.