Date:      Sun, 30 Apr 2000 20:18:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Jackson Donadel <fatboy@linuxbr.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: iso from linuxberg.com

Jackson Donadel wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> Hi all
>=20
> one friend of mime, had downloaded the iso file for fbsd4
>=20
> i had installed, but the sysintall could not find the packages
> directory, i can=B4t too.
>=20
> what happens?
>=20
> i only have in the cd distfile that have a lot of ports.
>=20
> Jackson

Hi Jackson,

That's the correct behaviour.  Due to their large size, the packages
aren't (can't be) included on the first CD.  To install packages, you'll
need a working Internet connection.  Select FTP as your media type so that
you may download the files from a remote server.

Alternatively, you can purchase the 4 CD set from Walnut Creek, which will
have a large subset of the packages ready on CDs.  I do not believe there
are ISO images for CDs 2, 3, and 4.

Virtually yours,
- Ryan Thompson
=20
--=20
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts
  Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2