Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:45:52 -0800
From:      "Danny Yoo" <danny@vkpc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   auto-updating and firewall

Hi,

3 quick questions:

1) I'm relatively new to FreeBSD and I was wondering if there was anything
similar to apt-update for Debian. I understand that there is CVSup but that
just seems to update the makefiles for the ports collection. As a new O/S to
me, there are parts that I don't even know about that may or may not need
updating, but seeing as how I don't know they exist they would never be
maintained.

2) I keep getting:

arp: 192.168.0.1 is on lo0 but got reply from 00:50:ba:47:d0:ba on ed0

messages in my nightly security logs. My network is properly configured and
I have a well-built, tested firewall. Can I disable arp?

3) Where can I find info to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2?

Thanks,

Danny