Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:38:12 -0800
From:      Aaron Smith <aaron-fbsd@arctic.org>
To:        chad@dcfinc.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: preserving local mods

as you guess in your last sentence, you can avoid this by cvsupping a CVS
tree instead of the actual sources, and using "cvs update" to update your
sources. this way you can have local mods merged, and occasionally you have
to resolve conflicts. it's a lot easier than what you describe, in my
opinion.

that's what i do, anyway. i don't actually check in my changes -- if i ever
want to blow away my sources i save a "cvs diff" and i can re-apply them
easily.

aaron