Date:      Fri, 25 Jun 1999 12:55:04 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
Cc:        "Booth, Christopher" <Christopher_Booth@mcgraw-hill.com>, "'freebsd'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Off Topic: Addressbook

"M. L. Dodson" wrote:

> Booth, Christopher writes:
>  > I apologise for a slightly off-topic query, but I think this group could
>  > answer this one:
>  >
>  > Can I get Microsoft Outlook and Netscape to share an addressbook?
>  >
>  >

> What the )(*&)&^&^%*^%$!  On the freebsd-questions list, you post
>                                  ^^^^^^^
> a Windows question and the best you can come up with is that it
> is "slightly off-topic"?  How about not even on the same planet
> as the topic?  This is not appreciated as it is gross abuse of
> the resources of the list.  We give answers to freebsd questions
> gratis on our own time.  Sometimes people make mistakes and ask
> an off-topic question.  That is to be expected, and they should
> be gently straightened out.  Since you realize it is off-topic,
> you have no excuse.  Go away and ask your question in the
> appropriate forum.

Since when did we start flaming people around here? After hearing all the
stories on this list about people switching to FBSD because the users are so
much more helpful than Linux users and how we don't flame people that ask stupid
questions this was quite a shock. I agree that the original question was
misdirected but was that a good way to deal with it?

To answer the question: I don't know. Considering how much M$ and Netscape hate
each other, I doubt it's possible. You might try looking into an LDAP server.
(Check the ports collection). You could also try the Netscape discussion forums.

-Brandon
--
bfoz@glue.umd.edu
"Lead, follow, or get run over"