Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:11:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: processing incoming mail messages (FreshPorts 2)

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Dan Langille wrote:

# On 18 Dec 2000, at 12:03, Joseph Scott wrote:
#
# > 	Let's say, at a minimum you want the queue to run every 30
# > minutes.  However, if there are a large number of commits in the queue,
# > you may want to be able ramp up to queue processing as quickly as every 5
# > minutes.  If there's only two items in the queue though, there's really no
# > reason to run it every 5 minutes.
#
# I would rather process the queue as soon as a new message arrives.
# Rather than have a message sit there.  Hence, the "notification" of a
# waiting process: OI!  you got mail....

	Then my original answer should have simply been, find a box that
will host FreshPorts that can take the load of processing 5000 commit
mails in a minute.  :-)

#
# > 	Just some thoughts.
#