Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 2008 00:13:51 +0100
From:      regisr <regisr@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   wine-1.1.8 regression -- wine: could not load L"...": Invalid address

(I apologize, I don't have the previous message to follow the thread)

With the patch of dlls/ntdll/virtual.c and 1.1.9.1,1 version of wine I
can launch a program named "international.exe" which lauch
"C:\\windows\\temp\\mvu87c.tmp\\pxplay.exe" : I have the sound but not
the display.
(previously without the patch  the error 'could not load L"Z:\\...":
Invalid address ' was displayed)

Messages on xterm are:
%wine international.exe
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x34f15c,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_Release (0x1e65c48) Device released with
resources still bound, acceptable but unexpected
fixme:d3d:dumpResources Leftover resource 0x1e69968 with type
1,WINED3DRTYPE_SURFACE
It is a FreeBSD port trouble, it is OK with Ubuntu.

Another program which had the same problem run, I have the display but
I can't use  the mouse, is this a wine configuration problem?
I made some tries and ... the X server closed and return to xdm :-(
I don't yet tried it with Linux.

... and a good new: without the patch a program which was OK with
previous releases crashed with a memory error, now with the patch it is
Ok.

All programs use the full screen to display slideshows.

--
regis