Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 16:33:21 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: miscfs/devfs

[ DEVFS in stable ]

> Actually, come to think of it, are they any good in -stable? Should
> they just be cvs rm'd and left out? The devfs stuff in -stable is
> rotting (I don't think any of the fixes from -current have made it
> back, and I don't expect them to).

If you feel comfortable in removing them from -stable w/out breaking the
tree, I'm sure no-one will mind.  Jordan has already stated publically
that he's not touching stable, and I put in the last critical fix for
stable last night.

The only issues I see left for stable are documentation issues and
ports.  Apparently the documentation was going to get updated
'en-masse', so I'm waiting for it to happen.

And, the IPFW stuff is still in limbo with me.  Some of the
documentation/hooks and such were brought into -stable, but others
weren't.  Poul or someone else should finish the job he started.  Me,
I'm still using the old version with the 'bug you could drive a tank
through', but I'm not worried since my box hasn't went down in over 3
months, so the bug won't affect me until I manually reboot my box and/or
the power goes out.  If the latter happens I'm not worried either since
my ISP (across the street) takes about twice as long form my link to
come up, which means my entries will be in place long before the
internet comes a knocking. :)

Nate