Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 17:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        grog@lemis.com, hawk@fac13.ds.psu.edu
Cc:        dvk@qwest.net, dvk@toolbuilders.com, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My perfect laptop!

>Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 09:26:40 +0930
>From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>

>I think it just stores a copy of RAM, so you don't need (much more)
>space than the size of your RAM.  I don't know if FreeBSD supports
>suspend-to-disk.

With the size of memory on video "cards" these days, allowing for video
RAM is useful.  :-}  And there's likely some other space requirement for
various bits of "state" -- not to mention that if you intend (at some
point) to increase the RAM, you might do well to allow for that when you
initially create the suspend-to-disk area.

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.