Date:      Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:42:15 -0700
From:      itetcu@people.tecnik93.com
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: BETA4 + IPFIREWALL_FORWARD => panic

Andre Oppermann <andre@freebsd.org> wrote

>itetcu@people.tecnik93.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> [Please excuse formating, I'm writeing from webmail]
>
> A 5.3-BETA4 cvsupped around 16.00 today (16 sept) panics when ipfw fwd rule is
> used. It seems to be stable with the same kernel without fwd rules. If the fwd
> rule is present at boot it will panic each time, it it is added later it seems
> that sometimes (one of 5 untill now) it does not panic. The panic seems to
> happen on the first / first few fwd packets.

[...]

> I have MFC'd the fix a couple of hours ago.  You should cvsup again and check
if you have got rev. 1.1.2.5 of netinet/ip_fw_pfil.c.

Thanks. Yes, I've seen the commit about 15 minutes ago and I'm rebuilding kernel
now. Usually I would have seen it faster in my email, but since I'm not in my
office I had to check the web archive for cvs-src.

Thanks again and sorry for the noise,
IOnut