Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:04:12 -0800
From:      "Noah" <admin2@enabled.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mailman - partition virtual domain name?

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 10:29:38 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 12:29:16AM -0800, Noah wrote:
> > mailman-2.1.4
> > sendmail-8.12.11
> > freeBSD-4.9-STABLE
> >
> > I am placing listnames in the /etc/mail/aliases file to have the forwarded to
> > mailman for processing.
> >
> > I running virtual hosts on a machine and I want to stop people from sending to
> > listname@domain1.com and only allow people to post to listname@domain2.com
> >
> > currently users can post to both listname@domain1.com and listname@domain2.com
>
> This is with sendmail?  To make domain specific addresses, use
> virtusertable.  virtusertable support is already included in the
> stock freebsd.mc/freebsd.cf configuration, so all you need to do is populate
> the /etc/mail/virtusertable file, and run 'make' to generate the .db
> file.  See /usr/share/sendmail/cf/README for details of what to put
> into virtusertable.

okay that makes sense and been trying to get this to work.

after I make the appropriate entries to the virtualusers tables.  sendmail is
not able to execute the mailman delivery program.

entry in /etc/mail/virtualusers

--- snip ---

test2@domain1.com              "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test2"

--- snip ---