Date:      Fri, 29 May 1998 13:02:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mike <mike@seidata.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 7895P

Hello,

I noticed the Handbook mentions 'Adaptec AIC7850 on-board SCSI
controllers', but does not mention the 7895P (realatively new?).  This
controller has dual UW and W support.  I'm trying to setup two UW WD
Enterprise 4360's.

What is the probability of getting this controller to work properly?

When I boot a 2.2.6 boot.flp image, the controller is found but no
devices are probed and fbsd can't find any disks to install to.

It looks something like this (a retype, not a screen grab...):

------
pci0:14:0: Adaptec, device=0x7895, class=storage (scsi) int b irq 10 [no
driver assigned]
------

There's an identical entry for 'pci0:14:1:'.  Does [no driver assigned]
mean I need to set something up in the SCSI BIOS with a DOS util or with
SCSI Select, or is it more straight-forward and trying to tell me 'i don't
know what this is, exactly...'?

Thanks,

	-mike