Date:      Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:03:24 +0100
From:      "Timur I. Bakeyev" <timur@com.bat.ru>
To:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Kjell B." <homebell@telia.com>
Subject:   Re: Samba 3.0.2, when?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:39:44 +0100
  Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net> wrote:
>On Friday 13 February 2004 18:11, Kjell B. wrote:
>
>> I hope the waint won't be as long as the time between
>>Samba 3.0.1 release
>> until it showed up in ports.
>
>You can accelerate the process by submitting a complete
>and working update
>yourself. Port-maintainers LOVE complete patches they
>just can apply, test,
>approve & commit.

That exactly what I did two weeks ago  - made a port of
samba 3.0.2rc1 and send it to David.

Unfortunatelly, seems, he still didn't find time to take a
look onto it. Maybe, I should make a PR
for it, so it'll float around.

Anyhow, if someone interested:

http://unix.bat.ru/FreeBSD/ports/net/samba-devel.tar.gz

Beware, it uses new config: option, so, even fancy, has
different usage pattern(The usage of this option is still
questionable:).

With regards,
Timur.