Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:34:42 -0800
From:      Jeff Lasman <jblists@nobaloney.net>
To:        Rick Hamell <hamellr@heorot.1nova.com>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Networking

Rick Hamell wrote:

> MrK1nt@aol.com wrote:

> > Does anyone know a good NIC that wont give me alot headaches?

While I've got no experience at all with NIC cards (I'm about to do my
first freeBSD install, I was quite impressed recently to find out that
SMC has 24/7 tech support.  No kidding, I got someone who knew what they
were doing (trying to install a DSL router) at 2 am.

> Intel or Kingston. Stay away from SMC/Realtek and 3Com. Also
> asking questions like this on -questions will yield better results. :)

I'm absolutely willing to believe you, Rick.  Can you tell us why you
feel that way, though?

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman <jblists@nobaloney.net>