Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 1995 23:06:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsdmake on /usr/src/lib

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Hi...
>
> 	After getting everything down, finally, I'm rebuilding everything,
> and have come across the following error, about 'no name list'...
>
> 	...is this something I should ignore or worry about?
>
> building standard curses library
> nm: ctrace.o: no name list.
> tsort: cycle in data
> tsort: tstp.o
> tsort: tty.o

This happens fairly often, usually because all the executeable code in a
particular module has been ifdef'ed out (such as debug code).  It's
nothing to worry about.

> Marc G. Fournier | Knowledge, Information and Communications, Inc (ki.net)
> scrappy@hub.org  |
>  soon to be:     |
> scrappy@ki.net   | For more information, send me email.

Chuck Robey chuckr@eng.umd.edu -- I run FreeBSD on n3lxx and Journey2
The Dilbert Zone is Dilbert's new WWW home! The area
features never-before-seen original sketches of Dilbert, a photo tour
of Scott Adams' studio, Dilbert Trivia and memorabilia, high
school photos and much more!:
<URL:http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/>;