Date:      Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:10:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        Gilles.Bruno@ujf-grenoble.fr (Gilles BRUNO)
Cc:        freebsd-platforms@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Multi processor question

> Hi happy BSD'ers !
>
> We're currently planning to purchase a Bi-Pentium Pro
> based computer and installing FreeBSD on it :
> I'd like to know if there's a *REAL* advantage to purchase
> a BI processor box instead of a single P.Pro ?
> More especially, is FreeBSD optimized for dual processor
> PCs ? Is there a real advantage to purchase such a box ?
>
> I hope it's not the wrong place to put this question ... TIA !

The correct list for this request is probably freebsd-smp, not
freebsd-platforms.

The answer is that there is a brach version of -current that is SMP
capable; it is not a release.  If you wish to run it, you should
upgrade you macine to -current, and join the SMP list to get access
instreuctions.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---