Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:55:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jeff Lynch <jeff@mercury.jorsm.com>
To:        Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD ISP <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Whats with this -> sendto: No buffer space available

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001, Kal Torak wrote:

> Jonathan Hanna wrote:
>

> > No PPP involved with me, and I think with many others. I agree that the
> > "no affect" above does look like ordinary buffer exhaustion, though I also have
> > a working network except for one interface (or maybe divert socket?).
>
> Hmmm, perhaps this is related to NAT then???

We see this without using NAT between a 3.x and 4.x box sitting
on fastether feeds at two separate colo spaces. Latency is pretty
consistent between 30-40ms. We've turned off encryption/compression/stat
without help, but switching to tcp seems to help. But we are moving
traffic off the vtun as quickly as possible, so that could also be
a factor to the noticable increase in stability.

Jeffrey A. Lynch		| JORSM Internet, Regional Internet Services
email: jeff@jorsm.com		| 7 Area Codes in Chicagoland and NW Indiana
Voice: (219)322-2180		| 100Mbps+ Connectivity, 56K-DS3, V.90, ISDN
Autoresponse: info@jorsm.com	| Quality Service, Affordable Prices
http://www.jorsm.com		| Serving Gov, Biz, Residential Since 1995