Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 2003 16:30:45 +0300
From:      "Sergey A. Osokin" <osa@freebsd.org.ru>
To:        Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad A31p

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 01:03:47PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:
> Sergey A. Osokin wrote:

> >>Doing these:
> >>
> >>hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
> >>hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
> >>
> >>and removing the disabling for APM has _mostly_ got me working.
> >>
> >>For some reason, I _don't_ need:
> >>
> >>devd_enable="YES"
> >>
> >>and pccardd doesn't work,
> >

> >What does its mean? Does pccardd says something?
>
> fatal error: no PC-CARD slots

Are you absolutly sure that you notebook support NEWCARD?
Try to use OLDCARD.

> >>but cards are still recognised. Which is
> >>interesting - I presume there's something else going on I don't know
> >>about yet...
> >>
> >>Reamining problems: I still haven't got X to work (not banged my head
> >>against it hard yet)
> >
> >Do you have info about your videocard?
>
> ATI Mobility FireGL 7800

Hm, looks like XFree86 4.2.1 doesn't known anything about
this videocard: http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.1/Status6.html#6

BTW Look at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2002/debian-x-200206/msg00087.html

--

Rgdz,                        /"\  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
Sergey Osokin aka oZZ,       \ /    AGAINST HTML MAIL