Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 21:26:14 +0000
From:      tomb <tomb@cgf.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Release 4.0 and IPSec

Hi,

I'm planning to setup a VPN using IPSec.  I hear that Release 4.0 has
improved IPSec features.

I have looked around and found an older distribution of kame based IPSec
from Release 3.1.

I was expecting the IPSec stuff to be part of the base code or have a
port with 4.0.  But I can't find ether.  I expect that it's ether fully
integrated or has to be custom built.  Which is it?

Can anybody point me in the right direction please.  I found a good
paper on implementing it with Release-3.1 but nothing on 4.0 .

Thanks in advance.

Tom