Date:      20 Feb 98 08:52:10 +0100
From:      leifn@image.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD Distribution

At 20 Feb 98 04:32:39 vic tor wrote regarding FreeBSD Distribution

 vt> soon found out it isn't as easy as I thought. I think it would
 vt> be a whole lot better if you made an image of the cdrom
 vt> available for download. That way anyone with a cd burner could
 vt> download it and make a cd without a lot of problems.

An Image?!? One big file of 600MB or so? That would be rather difficult getting
in one piece. Imagine if the line broke at 595MB. Not all clients support
resumed ftp's.

 vt> Also, I was surprised that the only CD producer of FreeBSD is
 vt> Wallnut Creek. Common, 40 bucks for the disk. At lsl, one can
 vt> purchase Linux (4 versions) for 7 bucks. Why not also make a
 vt> deal with them ??

I believe your 40 "bucks" is for 3 or 4 disks, and a book.

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---