Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 18:03:26 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Hechinger <wonko@users.tmok.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Being a Snapshot mirror

I would like to setup a machine to server as a "snapshot server" just like
if you choose FTP or NFS as your install media instead of CDROM.  I setup
a FreeBSD-current machine here at work, and it works just the way i want,
so i want to make more, but i don't want to go across the T1 if i can go
across the 100Base-T ethernet.  please help me out here.

also, i'd like to create a PORTS proxy of sorts.  I don't want to download
all the ports stuff and shove it on a server, i'd like the server to act as
a caching proxy server.  if it has the requested file it sends it instead of
going to the internet sites, but if it doesn't have it, it get's it from the
internet site, passes it along to the client and keeps a copy for itself. is
this possible, or should i just cvsup the ports distfiles and get it over
with?

thanks,

-brian