Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 00:11:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ide_pci

I know someone has worked on the ide_pci.c file, but it still doesn't work
on my system. I'm not sure what controller I have because it came on the
Motherboard, and the documentation doesn't say. I think it is something
from Acerlabs though. It detects the controller, but says there is no dma
on the secondary channel (simplex), and then when it gets to the point
where it finds the drives down in the ISA probing, it doesn't find the
secondary IDE controller. I have an ATAPI CD-ROM drive there. I would
appreciate some help, and I would be glad to test patches to this file.
(ide_pci.c, or any that need changed.)

Kenneth Culver
Computer Science Major at the University of Maryland, College Park.