Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 16:06:51 -0700
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Randall Hopper" <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>, "Jonathan Chen" <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ARG!!! 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostnam

I would suspect your ISP has multiple mailservers...

>   2) relaying though the ISPs server makes e-mail snooping that much
>      easier.

Yes, this is a valid point.  But, I would also suspect that buried in the
fine print of your acceptable use contract is language that gives your ISP
the right to read your mail.

Once again, as I said earlier, according to the agreement mandated by the
FCC as condition of the AOL/Time Warner, Time Warner is required to open
their
cable network to competitive ISP's this year.  This gives you a solution -
avail yourself of it.