Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 2002 19:10:56 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/41710: [port]  lame update (fix CFLAGS)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:40:03 -0700 (PDT) Christian Weisgerber
<naddy@mips.inka.de> wrote:

>  >  There's no need to remove "OPTIMIZATION": as long as nobody uses
>  >  "--enable-expopt={yes,full}" for configure, it doesn't get used.
>
>  Wrong.  Further down in configure, there's an assignment
>  CFLAGS="${OPTIMIZATION} ${CFLAGS}".  This isn't worth arguing about,
>  just go and test it yourself.

Argh! Ok, the lines which where supposed to do it got lost somewhere, will
be fixed in LAME CVS soon.

>  >  What's wrong with adding "-Wall -pipe" to CFLAGS?
>
>  *I* want to decide if I build with "-pipe" or without.  And if I

I know only one bugreport with "-pipe", Irix doesn't seem to like it.
Besides this, every OS seems to accept it. Normaly it speeds up the
build. So why do we need to patch it (nitpicking on "-pipe" seems to be
a bikeshed argument for me)?

>  want to, then what's the point of "-pipe -pipe"?  "-Wall" doesn't
>  add anything outside development.

It isn't harmfull. We do we need to add a patch for it?

>  Basically these happened to be nearby, so I removed them along with
>  the other cruft that killed the compile on -CURRENT/alpha.

Can you be more specific please?

Bye,
Alexander.

--