Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:21:58 -0700
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@FreeBSD.org>
To:        kde-freebsd@kde.org, ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   KDE doesn't build on 10-STABLE, needs WITH_NEW_XORG

Hi,

I have a 10-stable system, and I am trying to rely
as much on "pkg" as possible to install stuff so I don't
need to build my own packages from ports.

After the latest upgrade to KDE 4.12 in ports,
KDE does not build out of the box.  It turns out
that x11/kde-workspace needs WITH_NEW_XORG.

In ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, there is this:

# Enable new xorg for FreeBSD versions after Radeon KMS was imported unless
# WITHOUT_NEW_XORG is set.
.if ${OSVERSION} >= 1100000
. if !defined(WITHOUT_NEW_XORG)
WITH_NEW_XORG?= yes
. else
.undef WITH_NEW_XORG
. endif
.endif

Would it be possible to bump that check to a lower value of OSVERSION?
radeonkms was imported into HEAD r254885, and this changeset
exists in stable/10.

I set  WIT_NEW_XORG in my /etc/make.conf and rebuilt all my ports
and KDE works fine.  My laptpo has a a Radeon:

(--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:6760:103c:161e Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
[AMD/ATI] Seymour [Radeon HD 6400M/7400M Series] rev 0, Mem @
0xc0000000/268435456, 0xd4400000/131072, I/O @ 0x00004000/256, BIOS @
0x????????/65536

On another note, it looks like with KDE 4.12 in ports, will there will
be no working
KDE desktop on FreeBSD-9?

--
Craig