Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 12:18:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        "Robert S. Sciuk" <rob@ControlQ.com>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Robert S. Sciuk wrote:
> > 1) This project was started by a Sun employee (me), so claiming Sun
> > shouldn't be involved is a bit strange. =)  Actually, if I understand your
> > statement, you're saying that Sun would be stupid to put effort into
> > porting FreeBSD without offering an affordable system to run it on.  Yes,
> > that would be silly, but they're providing the goods.
> >
> 	Jason, I made no such claims.  In fact, I appreciate more than I
> 	can reasonably express what such a corporate commitment means to
> 	this project in the long run.  I am _THRILLED_ to hear that they
> 	might be offering board level prodcuts that can be plied by s/w
> 	developers such as myself.  Moreover, I have NEVER referred to
> 	SMCC, SME, SunSoft or any of its affiliates, partners or clients
> 	as `stupid' -- Microsoft on the other hand ... well let's not go
> 	there 8-).

I shouldn't have used the word "stupid" here.  I didn't mean to infer that
you had used such a word.  Sorry about the poor wording.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]